Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8: Struggle, Psalm 31, Haiku Again

I really struggled with this final section of haiku.  I'm not sure if they are finished, but I will give you what I have.  They are based on the last set of mysteries of the rosary, the Glorious.  They are:
1)  The Resurrection of Jesus
2)  The Ascension
3)  The Descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles
4)  The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven
5)  The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
(That last one is quite a mouthful.)

I have to rush off to a birthday party for my nephew, so I have to make this post really short, which seems appropriate for haiku.

Saint Marty gives you...

Psalm 31:  Mysteries of Glory

1.  Resurrection
My son wakes
From his three-hour nap
Hungry, thirsty for the world

2.  Ascension
I lift my son
Hold him against April sky
Blue, endless blue

3.  Descent
Sunlight, wind
In budding lilacs
Flashing green tongues

4.  Assumption
Daughter bikes
Along path, away from me, away
Away.  Gone.

5.  Coronation
My daughter leaps
As she swings, soars up and up
Clothed with the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment