Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20: TGIF, Lunch, Cleaning House

As the title of my post says, I'm so glad it's Friday.  I'm tired, and I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little later the next couple of days.  I may even stay in bed tomorrow until 7:30 a.m., depending on how early my son wakes up.  Now, 7:30 may not seem late to some people, but I usually rise around 4:15 a.m., so anything beyond 6 a.m. seems like a luxury.  My daughter will be camping with her aunt.  I'm hoping for a very quiet, stress-free weekend.

In a couple of hours, I'm going out for lunch with my wife and sister.  And then I get to go home and clean.  I didn't get to clean last weekend because of my trip, so the house is getting a little too dirty for me.  I'm looking forward to smelling lemon in the dining room, Pine-Sol in the bathroom.  My house is always too cluttered for me.  My goal this summer is to de-clutter, de-complicate my house and my life.  (That may be a little hard with my difficult relative flying in from Utah for a month, but that's what my plan is.)  I really want to sell my house, get something with at least three bedrooms and two bathrooms.  (An indoor pool, sauna, and exercise room would be nice, too, but I don't want to be greedy.)  In a few years, I have a feeling my currently ten-year-old daughter isn't going to want to share a room with her little brother.

I have nothing deep to say today.  I have no poem with which to end the post.  I just hope everyone has a good day.  For the first time, I'm going to try to include a music video in my post.  It's one of my favorite praise songs by Chris Tomlin, "Jesus Messiah."  It just makes me feel good.  Enjoy.

Saint Marty is ready to kick-back and take it easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment