Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6: Book Club, Doctor's Visit, Unleashing

The book club meeting went well last night.  I didn't get the members to choose all the books I wanted to read.  I had to give in for September (an Alice Hoffman book), October (a novel about Abraham Lincoln being a vampire hunter), and December (a Dave Barry Christmas book about a dog).  Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the choices for the next six months.

My big thing I have to do today is a doctor's appointment.  I'm diabetic, so every six months I have to go in to get my prescriptions renewed, my feet checked, and my weight criticized.  As soon as the doctor finishes his exam, he flips through my chart and says something like, "Well, everything looks good, except..."  And then he sings the "Hey, Fatty, You Need to Lose Some Weight" song.  (Not really, but the image of my skinny little doctor doing a Sammy Davis Jr. song-and-dance makes the experience bearable.)  I've been steeling myself for this check-up for two days now.  Yes, I did think about cancelling briefly, but that would only be postponing the inevitable.

In preparation for my doctor's visit this afternoon, I have limited my intake of food to a fruit bar, a snack-size Twix bar, and a Diet Mountain Dew.  I'm not going to do anything that puts another ounce of fat on my body.  I know I sound like a teenage girl before the prom, but that's what a physician examination does to me.  Afterwards, I plan to unleash.  I'll probably hit McDonald's, Burger King, and KFC on the way home.  Then I'll order a stuffed-crust pizza from Pizza Hut for dinner.

Wish Saint Marty luck with the scale today.  If he hasn't gained anything since his last visit, it will be a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment