Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7: Quick and Easy, Nice and Quiet

Pretty much, the title of this post describes my day.  It seems to have have gone by pretty fast.  Nothing stressful has happened.  I haven't gotten into any disagreements with anyone, and I got to take a nice, quiet nap this afternoon.  What more could a person ask for on a Saturday?

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I'm reading one of my poems at church and playing Schubert's "Ave Maria."  I was going to write a new poem today about motherhood, but you're going to have to wait for that until tomorrow.  Once I get my son in his crib tonight, I plan to wrap some presents for my wife and mother.  Then I'm going to try to write the poem.

That's pretty much what I have to report today.  At church, my fountain pen, the one I've been using for the last eight or nine years, broke a little bit.  It is now being glued.  Hopefully, it will be fine tonight, ready to be used.  I panicked a little bit when I noticed the break, couldn't find the pieces of it.  However, a little Super Glue fixes a lot of problems.

Went for a run today.  It was in the 50s most of the morning and afternoon.  The run was good, but I am really out-of-shape.  I need to work a little harder.  The doctor's appointment went alright.  My doctor did not sing the "Hey, Fatty, You Need to Lose Some Weight" song.  However, I could tell it was right on the tip of his tongue.  If the examination had gone on much longer, he would have broken out the tap shoes and cane.  Thank God it was a quick and, relatively, painless check-up.  No DRE.  (For those of you who don't know what that is, it's where the doctor slips on a rubber glove, lubes it up, and tells you to bend over and touch your toes.  When my doctor tells me to do that, I usually ask him for a box of chocolates and a dozen roses afterward.)

Saint Marty hopes all of you had a quick and easy, nice and quiet kind of day, as well.

Schubert and Mary, A Love Story

No comments:

Post a Comment