Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13: Take 1, An Apology and Explanation

Well, I need to apologize for being absent from the blog universe this weekend.  I spent the last three days trying to be a good father.  On Saturday, I was shuttling my daughter to rehearsals for her dance concerts, which took place Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.  On Saturday, I sat in an auditorium for six hours, watching little ballerinas and tap dancers practice.  Then, I played the organ for a church service and quickly got my daughter in costume, makeup, and hair for the performance in the evening.  Back to the auditorium at 6 p.m.  The show lasted until about 10:15 p.m.  Needless to say, I didn't even see a keyboard all day long.

The same can be said for Sunday.  Church in the morning.  I had to get my daughter to the theater by 1 p.m. for her afternoon performance.  The performance ended at around 5:15 p.m.  Quick drive home so my daughter could take a shower.  Then I had a family birthday party to attend.  My duties/obligations ended around 7:30 p.m.  I was going to get to a computer and do some blogging, but I was too tired.

Instead, I watched the Tony Awards last night and completely unplugged my brain.  Or tried to.  However, all this explanation doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of my readers.  I do have two new Confessions of Saint Marty cartoons to post today.  Look for those this evening.  And I'm planning on working on a poem today.  Hopefully, that will be coming later today, as well.  Potentially, this post could be the first of four new posts today.  Keep checking.

Saint Marty has to get busy.

My daughter with her dance trophies she won in May

No comments:

Post a Comment