Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14: Second to Last Day, Daughter Singing, New Cartoon

I hate to type it, but today is the second to last day of my vacation.  Tomorrow, I plan on doing...absolutely nothing.  N-O-T-H-I-N-G.  I may go out to eat.  I may not.  I may finish the novel I started yesterday.  I may not.  I may write a poem.  I may not.

In church this morning, my wife and daughter sang a duet together, the song "As the Deer."  When she was our daughter's age, my wife sang a duet in church with her mother.  It's one of the strongest memories she has of her mother and church.  Her mother died of ovarian cancer when my wife was 18 years old.  So, while my wife and daughter sang their song, I sat in the front pew, crying like a pregnant woman.  My daughter was really nervous before the service started, but she sang beautifully.

For the rest of the day, I haven't done a whole lot.  I helped my daughter practice for her piano lesson.  I played a few rounds of game called Pig Mania with my sisters and brother.  I sort of tormented my sister with Down's syndrome, gloating and jinxing her.  She got really pissed at me.  But in a good way.  It was all in fun.  For me, anyway.

My little session of game-playing this afternoon inspired the newest installment of Confessions of Saint Marty.  I don't know if any of you like these cartoons, but they make me laugh.

Saint Marty may go read for a while now.  Or he may not.

Confessions of Saint Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment