Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16: Can't...Wake...Up

I'm back at work, and already I want to go home.  I'm tired, don't want to be here, miss my wife  and son and daughter already.  I had a small revelation driving to work this morning:  I don't want to do this for the rest of my life.  I don't want to get up at 4:15 a.m. for the rest of my life.  I don't want to be away from my family for 14 or 15 hours every day for the rest of my life.  I don't want to see people who are less qualified than me getting full-time university teaching jobs for the rest of my life.  I don't want to feel this tired for the rest of my life.

Now that I've had that revelation, I need to make a concerted effort to publish a LOT more, which I have been doing.  And I need to apply for the next full-time adjunct position in the English Department that becomes available, which could be a looonnnnng time in coming.

In the meantime, I just have to suck it up. 

Pretty much, this morning, Saint Marty feels like this: 

This says it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment