Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18: Tireder and Tireder

I was sort of hoping, after three days of being back at work, that I would feel less tired.  However, I have been feeling tireder and tireder.  This morning is the worst.  It just took me almost two minutes to type that first sentence.  I had to get up, go to the refrigerator, and get a can of Diet Mountain Dew.  Then I just sat, staring at the screen.  It's going to be a rough day.  I went through my book bag, found out I don't have my favorite writing pen.  This detail may sound inconsequential, but I haven't written a poem in almost seven years without this pen.  It's sort of like how baseball players, when they're on a winning streak, won't change their socks or wash their jock straps for fear of jinxing themselves.  I had a moment of panic when I realized I didn't have my pen case.

So I don't know if you're going to be getting a new poem today or not.  If I can't get that pen, I'd say not.  I'm going to run out to my car to see if I left it on my dashboard.  I know it's not lost, just misplaced.  There is a difference.

My daughter is going on a trip this morning with my sister.  They're travelling downstate to visit relatives in Detroit.  It's the first time my daughter's been to Detroit.  If you can believe it, she's actually excited about visiting that city.  It's not just a pleasure trip.  My sister is going to visit my uncle, who is in hospice care.

Motown
Well, the caffeine is kicking in.  I feel a little wind in my sails now.  I may be able to stay awake through breakfast.  And I may even take that walk to my car to find my writing pen.

Saint Marty gives thanks for Mountain Dew this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment