Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19: Revised New Poem, Another Syllabus

I wasn't really happy with the version of the poem I posted yesterday afternoon.  It didn't hold together well for me.  So I went home and revised last night.  If you read the new poem last night, I suggest you go back to the post and reread it.  It has changed a great deal, hopefully for the better.  Drop me a comment if you like the old version more.

My task this morning, aside from waking up, is working on my syllabus for my Good Books class.  I now have all the books I will be teaching.  This syllabus will not be as difficult to pull together.  I've taught the class before, and I know what I'm doing.  I am using five books I've never used before, but I'm excited about the course.  I deicded to use works which focus on mental illness.  Obviously, it's a topic that's very close to me.  I'm hoping to foster more understanding, less fear, about mental diseases.  It's the one class of illnesses which still generates socially accepted fear, ridicule, and prejudice.  I'm hoping to changes a few minds this coming semester.

Saint Marty needs to get to work (after eating his breakfast).  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment