Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21: Skinning the Chicken, New Cartoon

At the moment, I'm at my parents' house, getting ready to have dinner with my family.  It's sort of become a tradition this summer.  We all gather on Sunday evening to break bread (or turkey or hot dogs or hamburgers) together.  It's been quite nice, when we aren't annoying the shit out of each other.  Tonight, my brother deep-fried some chickens.  It's my job (because I enjoy eating the deep-fried skin) to skin and pick the meat off the bones.  I've already stripped two carcasses.  I now have a third awaiting my attention.

It is also my job to provide dessert for these Sunday dinners.  The last few weeks, I've brought watermelon.  Tonight, I threw together a pudding pie (Nilla wafer crust, white chocolate and cheesecake pudding, with blueberries for color).  I'm not sure what it's going to taste like, but it looks pretty.

I'm waiting to see if my daughter is coming back tonight from her little trip to Detroit.  I haven't heard from her since Thursday night, when she got to my uncle's house.  I understand she went to the Detroit Zoo on Saturday.  Aside from that, I've had no reports from Motown.  I hope she makes it back tonight.  She has a private dance lesson tomorrow afternoon that was a pain in the ass to get scheduled.  Plus, she hasn't practiced at all for her piano lesson on Tuesday.  These details, however, make no difference to my sister, who is the driver, tour guide, and resident irresponsible adult.  I'm hoping she keeps her word to me about bringing her back today.

Saint Marty now has to go skin another chicken.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment