Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24: No Flat, Department Meeting, Suzanne Collins

First, I did NOT have a flat tire this morning.  It was simply low.  I kept checking the tire every few hours to see if it was going to go completely flat.  It didn't change.  So I decided to just fill up the tire and wait to see what happened.  After almost six hours, my tire has retained its shape and air.  Therefore, I am going to say my tire is fine.  Thank God.

I went to an English Department meeting this afternoon, the first of the academic year.  It lasted about an hour and a half.  I thought it was going to be an exercise in tedium.  It wasn't.  I can't say it was a barrel of monkeys, but it was entertaining.  I saw some people I hadn't seen in a while, and I learned a few things about the department I didn't know.  Politics is, of course, par for the course, as it is in any university setting.  However, it wasn't a complete waste of time.

The thing that's been really bugging me about the last few days is that I haven't had a chance to read Mockingjay at all.  I'm around 100 pages into it, and Suzanne Collins just keeps getting better and better.  My goal is to have all three books complete by the book club meeting tomorrow night.  I'm not sure if that's going to happen.  However, I'm going to give it my best shot tonight and tomorrow.

Tonight, I've got a band practice and choir practice at church, so I'm not sure how much reading I'm going to get done.  Tomorrow is a light day at work.  I may be able to focus on it.  I still think I can finish it.

Saint Marty just needs to get his arse in gear.

P.S.  New poem tomorrow.

I don't care who you are, this is funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment