Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25: "Mockingjay," "Hunger Games," Ice Cream

I didn't read Mockingjay at all last night.  Too busy.  Too tired.  I'm going to try to get most of it read today.  It promises to be a little slower at work.  When I got home last night, all I could think about was going to bed.  I don't know why I'm so tired this week.  I'm not doing anything different than I do any other week of my life.

The good news is that my Book Club meets tonight at my house, and I have actually finished the book.  I enjoyed Hunger Games very much, and I think that almost everybody else has finished it, as well.  Now I have to see if there are discussion questions out there somewhere on the Internet for the book.  I'm thinking there won't be, since it's considered a young adult novel.  Obviously, publishers think young adults don't want to discuss literature (which may be true).

I did make an ice cream dessert for tonight's Book Club.  It's sort of a vanilla ice cream, Rice Krispie, peanut butter, caramel thing.  I'm a little worried about it.  I'm not sure if the caramel is going to harden enough.  However, I have to serve it.  It's all I got.  It was good when one of my coworkers brought it to a potluck, but I made it without the actual recipe. 

Didn't look at my tire this morning.  I'm going to have to take a saunter out to my car now to check it out.

Saint Marty doesn't have much get-up-and-go this morning.  It got up and went.

Yup

No comments:

Post a Comment