Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5: Hello Out There...

Really?  Nobody out there wants to name my muffin?  I didn't expect 300 entries for this little contest, but I thought I'd get at least a few.  Or at least one.

Got to work very early this morning.  I had to drop my wife's car off at the garage, so I arranged for my sister to pick me up on the way to her job.  Unfortunately, she starts work about an hour or so before I start, so my alarm was set for 3:40 a.m.  I'm not enjoying the day thus far.

The one thing I was looking forward to this morning was sifting through all the wonderful suggestions from my readers for the name of my muffin.  Yes, I understand this contest is more than slightly silly.  Even idiotic.  But I'm going on vacation after today.  I'm a little punchy, in need of cutting loose.  I thought naming a muffin was a pretty friggin' funny idea.  Plus, I sweetened the deal with a prize, albeit a slightly lame one.  It's not completely lame.  I'm a fairly decent artist.

Well, you guys have one more day to bolster my spirits.  My best friend, Wonder Twin, predicted she was going to win the muffin contest because she's the only person to ever write comments on my blog, although I notice she didn't even bother to post her entry in the contest last night.  Prove Wonder Twin wrong.  I'm sure there's somebody out there who has a soft spot for muffins.

Saint Marty dares you to step up and be heard.

Calling all muffin lovers...

1 comment:

  1. I also was waiting to see if anyone entered the contest. Well after much thought I think your muffin should be named......Sophie. I like the name and it is better than my first thought (Cupcake). I want me to be in the cartoon that you award me with. Just think you will save a stamp with me being the winner. Have a good vacation and don't miss me too much. Love you from your Wondertwin

    ReplyDelete