Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12: Unsure Poem, Beautiful Day, Busy Night

I've had a great day.  Teaching Good Books went really well.  The students were laughing and participating.  I dropped off the grant I wrote this morning.  Check that off my to-do list.  All I have left is posting to my blog and reading for Mythology tomorrow.  It's going to be a good night.

Of course, my day isn't over.  I'm going to be driving my daughter all over tonight.  First, we have to go to the first meeting of the year for Faith Formation at church.  Then we have to cut out of there early so she can make it to her hip hop dance class at 7 p.m.  My wife is going to a picnic for her women's group from church, so the majority of the childcare falls on my shoulders tonight.  However, we have a babysitter coming to take care of my son, and my daughter is pretty self-sufficient.  As long as she isn't too moody, I'm in the clear.

I do have a new poem written, but I'm not sure about posting it today.  It may offend some people, and I want to run it by a poet friend to see what she thinks.  After I get her feedback, I promise to post it tomorrow.  I think it's pretty funny.  Maybe a little irreverent, but not too bad.  I'll see what my friend says.  Therefore, you will have to be satisfied with the Phil Levine poem I blogged this morning.  It's better than anything I'll ever write, anyway.

Saint Marty hopes you've had as good a day as he's had.  We all deserve it.

Not a big fan of smiley faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment