Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15: A Quicky

Don't have a lot of time to type this second post, as demonstrated by my omission of a subject in this sentence, making it more of an imperative or command.  Now that I've wasted so many words on that sentence, I have even less time to blather on about nothing at all until I have to leave to teach my mythology class.

I'm right in the middle of talking about creation myths (Sumerian, Greek, Mesopotamian, and Biblical).  There are so many names to remember, so many weird relationships to highlight.  It's amazing how many times mother gods sleep with their sons, or son gods kill their fathers (or cut off their genitals).  Trying to keep track of the family tree is next to impossible.  Uranus and Gaea had some really messed up ideas about parenting.

Tonight, my wife has her girl's night out.  I'm the designated childrearer.  I'm hoping to get them to bed early, since they were absolute cranks last night.  My goal is to have them both showered and in bed by 8 p.m.  We'll see how realistic that goal is.

Saint Marty has to go talk about gods now.

One messed-up family tree

1 comment: