Saturday, September 24, 2011

September 24: Another Confession, No Poem, No Cartoon

If you made it past the title to this post, you already know a few things.  One, I didn't get a new poem written today.  Two, I didn't get a new installment of the Confessions of Saint Marty drawn today.  Three, I'm about to apologize profusely again.

I know I promised a new poem.  I know I usually post a new cartoon on Saturdays.  I know, I know, I know.  I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  Now, I will give you my excuse:  I was putting the finishing touches on my new collection of poetry that I'm sending out to a poetry competition.  It took most of the afternoon.  I was working with my colleague/poet friend from the university.  By the time I got to church this evening to play the pipe organ for mass, I felt like I was on poetry overload.  No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't write a word that resembled anything close to poetic.  Thus, I didn't get a poem written.

Ditto for the cartoon.  Creatively right now, I'm at low tide.  I'm hoping to recharge my batteries tonight with some reading and Lawrence Welk.  Nothing too strenuous.  Just some Joe Feeney songs, Bobby Burgess dances, and maybe a few pages of Alic Hoffman.  Please forgive me for not making good on my last night's promise.

I've been a bad saint.

Sing me "Danny Boy," Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment