Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27: Busy Day, Busy Night, Busy Life

I haven't had much time to do anything but office work, teaching work, reading work.  I just finished reviewing a chapter for Mythology today.  Then I drew up a rough lesson plan.  (I'm the kind of person who needs plans.  I can't go into a situation where I'm in a leadership position without some kind of map to follow.  I'm a big believer in lists.)

After I'm done teaching, I have to stop by my friend's office at the university to see what he thought of my collection of poems.  I'm dreading that a little.  If he has any serious criticism (says anything besides "you're a genius" or "you should win a Pulitzer"), I'm not going to have a lot of time to do revisions.  We'll see what he says.  Maybe he will be kind/enthralled/jealous--anything but critically constructive requiring massive rewriting.

Tonight, I have to take my daughter shoe shopping.  Her tennis shoes are sort of falling apart.  I was going to get her new shoes on Sunday, but there's a shoe sale starting today, so I put off the purchase a couple of days.  We did, however, pick out the shoes she wants to get, so that will save some time.

Once I get the kids in bed, I'm going to finish reading An Unquiet Mind and start One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  I may also put together a quiz.  I won't be getting to bed at a decent hour, that's for sure.  Especially if my daughter wants to watch the results show of Dancing With the Stars.

Saint Marty is starting to think his life is too busy.

Even dogs make plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment