Sunday, September 4, 2011

September 4: Blues Fest, Disappointment, New Cartoon

Playing at the Blues Fest went great this morning.  Just as we started unloading and setting up in the tent, it started to pour rain.  Buckets.  But we got everything set up, and, with a slight delay of fifteen minutes, we started playing.  By then end of the hour, the tent was almost completely full.  One of the organizers from the Blues Fest told us that, yesterday, the guitar workshop only got one person to show up.  We packed the place.  Score one for Jesus.

I hung around the Blues Fest for a little while with some friends from the English Department.  I listened to the first act on the main stage.  The band was good, but the rain and wind were brutal.  After about an hour and a half, I had enough blues in the rain.  I came home.

I was pretty tired when I arrived at my house.  I had to make brownies for the family barbecue tonight, and then I took a half hour nap.  I feel a little refreshed, but I'm still tired.

Well, I'm a little disappointed that, once more, Wonder Twin is the only entrant in my contest.  I'm going to give all of you disciples (I know you're out there) one more chance.  The contest will close next post.  Get your game hats on.  Give me a subject to write a poem about.  I will write a poem, send you an autographed copy of it (along with a really cool saint holy card), and publish your poem on the blog. 

Saint Marty wants him some contestants.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment