Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11: And the Mechanic Says...

My wife just stopped by after the oil change appointment for my car.  The good news:  it only cost $24 for today's work.  The bad news:  1) something about the brake pads in the rear--$400; 2) something about a strut--$840.  My exact words to my wife were, I believe, "Screw 'em.  I'm not doing that.  I'll drive the bastard into the ground."

Needless to say, my afternoon has not been that pleasant, and I still have to go teach mythology at the university.  Pity those kids today.  Really pity them.  I'm in an awful mood, and I still have my son's birthday party to look forward to.  Sometimes, I think it would be better if I just stayed in bed or went back to bed.

Better yet, I think I need to go visit my condo on the Nile.  It's always so beautiful there, all pink and green and warm.  Everything is within walking distance, including Walt Disney World and Stockholm, where I can visit my friends at the Swedish Academy who've just awarded me the Nobel Prize in Literature.  Everything taste likes tapioca pudding and Cheetos and Diet Mountain Dew, including the cottage cheese and black beans and tuna.  And I can't walk down the streets without someone mistaking me for Brad Pitt or Goerge Clooney.

It's a wonderful place.

Join Saint Marty there tonight.  He's throwing a party.

View from my condo balcony...

No comments:

Post a Comment