Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13: New Look, Blog of Note, One Day to Go

Got a little bored with the look of my blog yesterday afternoon.  For those of you who've been following me for a while, you know that I change the appearance of my pages frequently.  For me, it's like rearranging the furniture in the family room.  Couch over here.  TV there.  Footstool in the corner.  Plus, I wanted something that reflected the season of the year more accurately.  Come November, I'm going to have to switch to snowmen and turkeys, but I think this new autumn color scheme is quite attractive.  It brightens things up and makes me think of hot cider spiked with cinnamon schnapps.

I also added a new text box on the side of the blog.  Go ahead and look.  I'll wait...Yes, it's the box that says "Future Blog of Note."  Again, for those of you who've been following me for a while, you know about my obsession with being named a Blog of Note by the Blogger team.  I have not given up on that aspiration.  However, I had to lay off on the whole "I'm going to poison your pet poodle if you don't name me a Blog of Note" tactic.  It hasn't worked, and it was getting in the way of that other goal of Saint Marty--to be recognized as a living saint.  Therefore, I added the appellation about being a future BON.  Until I receive said distinction, that box will remain on my blog.  When I win, I will change it to "Blog of Note" and add things like "In your face!!" and "Suck it, all you doubters!!" and "Next step, the Nobel Prize!!"

Tomorrow morning, I head off to the Wisconsin Dells with my family.  Not to worry, though.  I called the Kalahari Resort, and they do have a computer center for use by hotel guests.  Therefore, I will be able to post updates through the weekend.  I know you were all worried you weren't going to be able to get your daily words of wisdom from Saint Marty.  Put those fears away.  I will still be posting, at least once a day.

Allow Saint Marty to quote Garrison Keillor (a book lover, good Christian, and Democrat--you gotta love this guy):  "That's the news from Lake Wobegon for this morning."

I really am

No comments:

Post a Comment