Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18: Getting It Done, Whistle While You Work

Well, things haven't gotten much better.  I have one of my best friends sitting behind me right now, making nasty comments about my physical age.  I am sort of prepared for teaching today, and I have a meeting at church tonight.  Let me tell you, when I get back from a vacation, the first few days really suck.  I thought I was going to ease back into life, but things haven't worked out that way.  The world is conspiring at the moment to piss me off, and I am letting it.

I need to take a step back right now and take a deep breath.  Bad news is bad only if I let it be bad.  Bad news can be good, depending on my view of it.  I've learned a few things this morning that are making me quite angry/uncomfortable.  I know that I'm allowing them to make me feel that way.  I've been sitting here, trying to find a bright spot in this cesspool of change.  Not working too well for me right now.  However, I have work to do, classes to teach, poems to review, and meetings to attend.  I need to do all these things with the least amount of bitching as possible.  All I'm doing is upsetting myself with this attitude.  Nobody else gives a horse's fart about my worries.  I just need to get 'er done.

Therefore, Saint Marty will suck it up and whistle while he works.  Or while he drowns on the H.M.S. Change.

Even these little shits whistle

No comments:

Post a Comment