Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23: Cold Day, New Cartoon, Christmas Program

On this cold, October day, I have no real enthusiasm to do much.  I couldn't go running this morning.  My cold prevents me from walking three steps without coughing up lung tissue.  I didn't sleep all that well last night.  I just couldn't get my mind to quiet down.  The greyness of the weather isn't really prompting me to undertake any monumental tasks today.  Therefore, I'm blogging.

I started practicing Christmas music with the children at church this morning.  The Christmas Sunday School Program has been my baby ever since I volunteered to do it one year.  I think I'm going on about year 55 of directing it, which is something, since I'm only in my early forties.  The kids were there.  The music was simple and good.  It's just hard to get kids excited about Christmas when all they're thinking about is pumpkins and Snickers and zombies.  Next week won't be much better.  One day before trick-or-treating.  Puh-lease.  I'll be lucky if I can get them to even sit down.

Saint Marty does have another confession for you this afternoon.  Now he's going to go take a nap, if he can work up the energy.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment