Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6: Day After, Waiting for Announcement, Revision

Well, it has come and gone.  Saint Marty's Day is over for another year.  Soon, people will start taking down their Saint Marty's Day trees, putting them on the curb for the garbagemen  to collect.  It's always a sad time of year when such an important holiday passes.  Now, all that's left are the scraps of wrapping paper clinging to the carpet and the carcass of a turkey in the refrigerator.  Let's all heave a collective sigh of sadness.

At the moment, I'm flipping back and forth between my blog and the Nobel Foundation website.  In a little over an hour, Peter Englund will announce this year's winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature.  All the betting sites are favoring Amos Oz, Assia Djebar, or Tomas Transtromer (although, surprisingly, Bob Dylan climbed to the top a few times in the last day or so).  Won't all the intelligentsia be surprised when my name falls from Englund's lips in an hour.  I can hardly wait.

If you read my poem from yesterday, I will say that I'm not quite happy with it.  I've been working on some revisions, which I will key in some time today.  The version that exists right now just doesn't do it for me.  So keep your eye on the second post for October 5.  That poem will soon change.

One more hour until Saint Marty becomes Nobel laureate Saint Marty!

Amos:  Not a snowball's chance in hell!
Assia:  Would you want this hag to win?

Tomas:  Doesn't stand a chance against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment