Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8: Indian Summer, New Cartoon, Revisions

I'm really enjoying the weather in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan right now.  We are having what used to be called (in less politically correct times) and period of Indian Summer.  For the last week or so, the temperatures have been in the 70s (almost 80), and the sky has been blue and cloudless.  Today is another one of those days.  It's a little windy, but, if I wasn't aware of the actual date, it could easily be mistaken for a day in late August.  It's the kind of weather that seems full of blessing, and you gotta give thanks for that.

I haven't done much today.  Breakfast at McDonald's.  Daughter's dance lesson.  Play the organ for church.  Pizza with the fam for dinner.  Tonight, it's High School Bowl and The Lawrence Welk Show on the local PBS station.  If that isn't the definition of perfect, I don't know what is.

I have keyed in some revisions of the last couple of poems I posted (October 5, October 7).  You might want to check them out.  They're much better.

And I have a new cartoon for you today.  This one, when I thought of it, actually made me laugh out loud, which was really strange because I was in the bathroom.

Saint Marty hopes your day was as perfect as his.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment