Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22: Giving Thanks for Caffeine, Lots-O-Work, Advice

This morning, I'm doing much better.  My wife went to McDonald's last night when she took our daughter to her dance class.  She bought a large Diet Coke for herself and brought the refill home for me.  So, right now, I'm sucking down 32 ounces of dark, liquid energy and am feeling so much better than I was yesterday.  I give thanks for caffeine.

It's going to be quite the day.  Huge patient load at the surgery center I work at, and I have to teach the Trojan War to mythology this afternoon.  Busy, busy, busy.  I'm going to be so grateful at around 5 p.m. when I know I'm free for a few days. 

Speaking of mythology, I got some advice from a friend of mine about textbook choices for next semester (if I end up teaching mythology, which is a very good possibility).  He suggested using two primary texts.  In the past, as I said in a previous post, he taught Homer's The Iliad and The Odyssey.  In his e-mail, he suggested using Ovid's Metamorphoses and Grimm's fairy tales.  All about transformation, baby.  I'm so glad I communicated with him because I really wasn't looking forward to another semester of mythology with my current text.

I don't know if it's the caffeine or a change in the weather or a change in the moon, but I have so much more energy than I did yesterday.  It's a stunning metamorphosis.  (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Saint Marty feels like a new saint this morning.

Thank God for caffeine!

No comments:

Post a Comment