Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25: Fountained Out, Visitors, Friday Black

The chocolate fountain has been running since about eight o'clock this morning.  We have had the usual suspects showing up to partake in the chocolate Yuletidiness.  My two sisters, my daughter, the co-founder of the Black Friday chocolate potluck, and my coworker in the business office.  The counter is splattered with chocolate drippings.  The fruit is turning a little brown, and the fountain is really warm from almost three hours of operation.  It's been a good morning, as my daughter said.

Marshmallows are her favorite
This afternoon, I have to go grocery shopping.  Then, I have to clean my house.  My book club is coming over on Sunday afternoon, and the living room and bathroom are kind of a wreck.  I can usually tell when the house is in dire need of a cleaning when the bottom of the bathroom mirror is splattered with toothpaste spit.  I will be doing some mirror scrubbing today.

This Black Friday wasn't quite as exciting as previous Black Fridays.  The stores, because they opened so early (Walmart threw its doors open at 10 p.m. last night), were fairly empty at 5 a.m.  Plus, none of the restaurants seemed that busy, either.  I'm going to be interested to know if retailers ended up in the black today, or if they made a huge mistake opening on Thanksgiving night.

My son is headed to the doctor this afternoon.  He sounds a lot better, but we're still going to get him checked out to see if he's got bronchitis.  My wife wasn't going to make an appointment, but I didn't want to take the chance that we would have to bring him to the E.R. over the weekend.  My son and wife showed up for the chocolate potluck, too.  He had some serious bed-head going on, but he was as happy as a bear at the town dump.

Well, I hope everyone had as good a Black Friday as I have had.  Chocolate always makes things better.  It makes bad situations good, and it makes good situations even better.

He never thought he'd say it, but Saint Marty thinks he's had enough chocolate today.

Saint Marty and his daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment