Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3: Mind-Weary, Give Me a Break, Desert Place

I’m pretty mind-weary.  All I’ve been doing all day long for two or three days is read books, correct papers and tests, and read more books.  Today has been no different.  I try to keep up with the work from both my jobs, but when I concentrate on one, I feel guilty about neglecting the other.  I wish I could divorce myself from this guilt and just get all this crap done.  However, I’ve been at this two-job existence long enough to know that the only relief I will get comes at Christmas and during the summer (and then I start worrying about money on a constant basis).
I don’t ever feel sorry for people who say they’re tired because of their jobs.  Almost everyone I know only has one occupation, and that one occupation provides enough income to pay all their bills.  I can’t think of a single time in my life when I didn’t have a least two sources of income.  It’s never really bothered me before.  I like being busy, and, for the most part, I like the work I do.  I like registering patients, and I like teaching students.
But, as I said in my first sentence, I’m getting really weary.
Last night, at around 9:30 in the evening, I was at church, going through Christmas music for the upcoming Advent season.  One of my good friends looked over at me and said, “What’s wrong?  You’re really quiet, and you look crabby.”
I guess I’m not hiding this sense of exhaustion too well right now.  Yes, this post is me bitching about how busy I am, and Christmas is coming.  It only gets worse from here.
Saint Marty needs a break.  At least, in the good old days, holy people had monasteries in the desert to retreat to.

Still waiting for the gain

No comments:

Post a Comment