Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5: Hockey Game, Christmas Decorating, New Cartoon

Last night, I attended a hockey game.  For those of you who know me personally, I will give you a few moments to restart you hearts.  You see, I am not a regular attendee of sporting events.  In fact, the last time I went to an organized sporting event was last year right around this time of year.  Another hockey game.

I didn't go to witness the game, although I don't mind a little brutality on ice.  I went because my daughter's school chorus was singing the national anthem (ditto for last year).  So, really, the exciting part for me was done in the first three minutes of the night.  The rest of the time, I ate nachos and cheese and made disparaging comments in my wife's ear about the quality of people in the seats adjacent to ours.  Overall, it was a great time.  I'm not sure who won, because we left after the second period.  The game was tied when we exited the arena.

I promised my daughter that tomorrow we would put our Christmas decorations up on our front porch.  She's been waiting for this moment all year.  You see, every year, my wife or I choose a theme for the decorations on the front porch.  In the past, the themes have ranged from White Christmas to Blue Christmas to Santa's Candyland.  Last year was my turn.  I bought a leg lamp and pink bunny costume, borrowed a BB gun, and put up a display based on (you guessed it) A Christmas Story.  This year, my daughter got to choose the theme for the first time.  Her choice was An Ice Creamy Christmas.

We have ice cream decorations galore.  I will be constructing a tree-topper made out of ice cream cones and styrofoam this afternoon.  It should be pretty cute. And my daughter is totally geeked about the whole thing.  That's the most exciting thing about the whole process.

I have a new cartoon for my disciples.  The inspiration for it is pretty obvious.

Saint Marty is getting in the holiday spirit.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment