Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7: Laptop, Problems, Monday Blahs

Yes, I am blogging on my laptop for various and sundry reasons too complicated and annoying to dwell on.  It's going to take me a while to get used to this new keyboard and screen.  I'm used to a desktop.  Bigger screen.  Better keyboard.  However, that's not an option at the moment.

I had several problems trying to get this little ThinkPad to work for me.  Regardless of the fact that I have a blog, I'm not a very technologically advanced person.  I know enough to get around.  This morning, however, I had to figure out how to connect to the Internet with this bastard.  It brought me to a complete halt for about a half hour.  Obviously, I figured it out, but what a pain in the ass.  I'm kinda proud of myself for working through it instead of doing what I normally do, which is throw myself on the mercy of my computer savvy coworker (she has an iPad) or call my friend from IT.

I have a definite case of the Monday blahs today.  Didn't really want to get out of bed when the alarm went off.  Of course, I did drag myself to the shower, can of Diet Coke in hand.  I did manage to shave, wash, and get dressed.  I barely remember the drive to my office.  I was on complete autopilot.  Then I ran into my little laptop issue.

Lots of work to accomplish today.  If you're wondering why I didn't post any poems last week, it's because I'm working on a Christmas essay for the local Public Radio station.  It's going to take me a few more days, so please be patient with me.  I promise that as soon as I'm done with the essay, the poetry will return.  And I will post the essay, but not until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Well, I'm no longer alone in my office.  People are showing up, and my time of solitude is at an end.  I actually have to start being a productive employee.

Saint Marty has to play it the company way.  For a while, anyway.

Yup, this says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment