Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 8: Myth-taken Identity, Workin' My Fingers to the Bone

Grading, grading, grading.  At the moment, that pretty much describes my existence.  It is my life at the moment--I am Myth Grader.  I hope I haven't made too many myth-takes since I started.  I don't think I've mythed up too many things.  I did myth-take one student for another a little earlier, but I corrected that error of myth-taken identity.  (Have you had enough yet?  Say uncle.)

Yes, I've been working my fingers to the bone in the last couple of days.  As the old country western song goes, "Work you fingers to the bone and what do you get?  Bony fingers!  Boooooooony fingers!"  You know I'm tired  and punchy if I'm quoting a Hoyt Axton lyric.  That pretty much sums it all up today, though.  I've got bony fingers.  Bony eyes.  Bony voice.  Bony mind.  Pretty soon, I have to head out and do some bony teaching.

Marty is a bony saint today.

Dem bones, dem bones

No comments:

Post a Comment