Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8: Gig, Snow, Meeting

First, I want to thank all the people who have been coming to Saint Marty in the past week.  My pageviews per day are through the roof (over 200 yesterday).  If you like what you see, please take the time to become one of my disciples.  If you do, you will receive countless blessings and a shout-out in a post.  I'm looking to increase my numbers, folks.  I figure if I can become really popular, the good people at Blogger will have to name Saint Marty a Blog of Note.  Then I can change that box on my page from "Future Blog of Note" to "Blog of Note."

Anyway, enough begging and sucking up.  (Did I mention that getting new disciples is one of the highlights of my life?  How sad is that?)

Last night, my band played a gig at a local Methodist church.  It was a really good time.  We played about an hour's worth of music, and nobody threw any rotten tomatoes or rancid cauliflower.  I don't like the equipmment set-up and tear-down, but I love playing and singing for Jesus.  As our lead singer told the audience last night, "Jesus rocks."

It was snowing like a bitch when I drove to work this morning.  I couldn't see the center line.  I was bouncing around the lanes like a pinball.  There was a semi truck following me, and I was afraid the driver was going to call the police and report me as a drunk driver.  I wasn't drunk.  I was just trying to not end up in the woods.

This afternoon, after I administer my Mythology final, I have to attend an editors' meeting of the literary magazine.  It's probably going to be a long one.  We're trying to get through a backlog of submissions.  Hopefully, by the end of this meeting, we'll be all caught-up.

I'm in a better mood than I was yesterday afternoon.  I was irritating myself by the time I left work at 5 p.m..  Hopefully, I can sustain my current frame of mind the entire day.

Saint Marty, trying to channel his inner-Pollyanna.

I'm trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment