Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1: New Year's Day, George, New Cartoon

Welcome to 2012.

Say "Happy New Year!"
Last night's New Year's Eve party went very well.  As you can tell by the photo, everybody had a good time.  We ate.  We played board games.  I won.  I lost.  I pouted.  I won again.  I lost again.  Some people went to bed early.  Some people stayed up until 2 a.m.  The pizza was delicious.  The crescent weenies were a delight--the perfect combination of sweet bread and smoky meat.  By the way, we also watched a little Iron Chef America last night, as well.

I just took down the streamers and balloons a little while ago.  It's amazing how quickly decorations can be disposed of.  It took me over three hours to deck the halls for New Year's Eve.  It took me only a half hour to undeck.  All of the big holiday festivities are complete now.  I still have a few presents to deliver to some friends.  This week of vacation, I will read Ovid's Metamorphoses for my mythology class, and I will read The Wilder Life for January's book club.  Those are the two big tasks I wish to accomplish.

If you are wondering, I only received one entry in my 500th Post Name My iPad Contest.  Therefore, henceforth, my iPad 2 is dubbed George (as in George Bailey).  Congratulations to disciple Keith.  I will be personally delivering your prizes in the coming week.

At the moment, I'm waiting to eat a turkey dinner at my parents' house.  My contribution to the meal is an egg nog pie.  I'm quite excited for the meal.  I've only had one turkey dinner this holiday season, and that was on Thanksgiving.  There's nothing like a turkey dinner with all the fixings.

I do have a new cartoon for you guys.  It's about purging the old to make room for the new.  A good lesson on this first day of the 2012.

Saint Marty has a turkey to de-skin now.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment