Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10: End of the Day, Car Repairs, New Glasses

...and Blitzen and all his reindeer, pullin' on the reins.

Yes, I'm still singing.  It is the end of a very long day.  My mind did start working better about mid-way through the afternoon.  I got through one stack of paperwork, almost.  It wasn't as horrendous as I thought it was going to be, but I kept reminding myself to not freak out, that I wasn't going to get everything done in one shift.  It sort of worked, but "Here Comes Santa Claus" helped, as well.

On top of returning to work, I also brought my car into the garage for an oil change and check-up.  The mechanic called me about 10 a.m. to say that my car was done, but there was a $300-plus repair that was needed.  I told the mechanic, "Thank you, but I can't afford to spend $300 dollars on my car at the moment."  It sort of left the guy speechless.  Then I called another local garage and made an appointment to bring my car in for an estimate.  I told the mechanic at the second garage, "Basically, I'm looking for an estimate substantially less than $300."  We'll see how it goes.

George Clooney has the same frames, I hear
I did pick up my new glasses.  I felt a little guilty about getting new glasses, considering our finances at the moment, but the glasses were already ordered.  I'm trying to justify the purchase by telling myself they were only $99.  That's not bad for a pair of Ralph Lauren frames.  Still have guilt.  Lots of it.

Sing with Saint Marty:  Bells are ringin'.  Children singin'.  All is merry and bright...

No comments:

Post a Comment