Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 15: Yo Ho, Fezziwig, Golden Globes

"Yo ho, my boys!" said Fezziwig.  "No more work tonight.  Christmas Eve, Dick.  Christmas, Ebenezer!  Let's have the shutters up," cried old Fezziwig, with a sharp clap of his hands, "before a man can say Jack Robinson!"

Obviously, this passage is about Scrooge's childhood boss, Fezziwig.  I really love Fezziwig.  He's a man who appreciates hard work.  But he's also a man who appreciates hard play, as well.  He's generous and knows the importance of a kind word.  He also knows the importance of relaxation.

It has been a fairly stressful weekend, this weekend before the semester commences.  I was hoping to take it easy, but I had a lot of church obligations that ate up my time.  I played the organ for mass yesterday.  Last night, I helped my wife make cookie pops for the chili lunch at church today, as well.  This morning, I taught Sunday School, played with the praise band at church, sang with the choir, and rehearsed with the praise band after worship.  Then I came home and made a dessert for dinner at my parents' house.

 I'm ready to relax.  The way I'm going to relax is by watching the Golden Globe Awards on TV with my wife and daughter this evening.  I may even spring for a bag of Scoop Fritos.  No reading.  No writing.  No thinking about work.  No thinking about blogs.  No thinking about poetry.  No thinking.  Period.  I'm ready to follow Fezziwig's instructions:  "No more work tonight."

I do have a new cartoon for y'all.  I drew it yesterday.

Saint Marty is ready to put the shutters up, quicker than you can say Jack Robinson!

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment