Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20: Being Political, George, Blogger Trouble


In the last couple of days I've had a couple pretty heavy posts.  I think this whole Republican primary thing is getting under my skin.  I know Newt Gingrich sure is.  That guy has more political lives than a friggin' cat.  I can't figure out what his Kryptonite is, but somebody needs to find it.  Anyway, I will try to lighten things up a little bit over the weekend.

I've spent a couple hours today experimenting with using George, my iPad, to type tonight's post to Saint Marty.  I wasn't successful.  There has to be some trick to it.  I can type up a post and save it as a draft.  When I come back to it just a few minutes later, however, the body of the post has disappeared.  All that's left is the title and an empty text box.  I also can't get pictures to upload from George's photo library.  If any of my disciples out there have any hints or clues or explanations about using an iPad with Blogger, drop me a line.  Tell me what I'm doing wrong.  Please. (But don't use any of that tech geek language.  I don't understand it.)   I went searching for a Blogger app for the iPad.  It doesn't exist.  There's one for the iPhone.  Not sure how that would work with George.

A friend of mine suggested I switch to Wordpress for my blog.  I told her I was unwilling to start from blog scratch again.  Nasty things happen.  Readers stop reading.  You lose your entire list of followers.  We're talking a completely clean slate.  No thanks.  No matter how much trouble Blogger gives me, I will continue to use it.

Remember, change gives Saint Marty hives.

No comments:

Post a Comment