Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24: At the End of a Long Day

I'm trying to find something inspiring to say.  I'm at that point in the day where my brain is ready to go on vacation.  My son is in bed, and I'm trying to get ready for teaching tomorrow.  It doesn't help matters that my blood sugar is a little low, and I haven't had my daily dose of caffeine.

And the nominee is...handsome, rich, talented, and generous
The Oscar nominations were announced this morning.  I watched it live on the Today show.  Looks like George Clooney is going to have a good year.  (Does George Clooney ever have a bad year, really?)  He's nominated for best actor and best adapted screenplay.  I love this guy.  He's good looking.  Smart.  Talented.  And a Democrat.  I couldn't ask for anything more in a celebrity.

Meryl Streep was also nominated, and she may actually have a chance this year.  I mean, she's already won the Golden Globe.  Perhaps her luck will hold out.

My fortune is changing, as well.  My coworker, the one who transferred to a full-time position in another department, has decided to transfer back to her old job in our office.  That means I can actually take days off, go on vacation, and maybe accept morning teaching assignments from the university.  My life will be drastically improved.  My coworker discovered that working full-time sort of interferes a great deal with raising small children.  Plus, she's pregnant, due in September.  Frankly, I think that's the detail that tipped the scales.

So perhaps 2012 is going to be Saint Marty's year.  And George Clooney's.  And maybe Meryl Streep's.

No comments:

Post a Comment