Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25: Lost Remote, Lost Time, Lost My Mind

Our TV remote is lost, and it pisses me off.  I always put the remotes back in the same place just so that they don't get misplaced.  I may sound like some kind of anal-retentive, neat freak.  I can own that.  However, that doesn't help me at the moment.  The remote is still M.I.A.  And I don't know where to start looking.

If I don't find it soon, I'm going to drive myself crazy.  I have other things I need to accomplish tonight.  All the time I will lose searching for this stupid remote is time I could have spent preparing for class or reading a book or saying my prayers and devotions.  Instead, I will be driving myself insane looking for a rectangular piece of plastic with buttons, because that's just the kind of person I am.

Okay, my wife just found the remote.  Life is much better.  I know what you must be thinking right now:  What kind of weirdo loses his mind over a television remote?  Well, it's a matter of control.  There are very few things in my life of which I feel in control.  Keeping things neat and in their places is just my way of...

Who am I kidding?  I am a freak.  I admit it.  I own it.

But Saint Marty is a freak with a TV remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment