Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5: Breakfast With Friend, Lunch With Son, Dinner Wife Family

In a few minutes, I'm going to be leaving home to have breakfast with my writer friend.  He's a wonderful man, warm and caring all the time.  Plus, he has a great sense of humor.  Most of the books he's written have been humorous, local-color kind of things.  Wonderful reads.  I'm really looking forward to spending some time with him.

This afternoon, I'm going to my son's Head Start class to have lunch.  I'm hardly ever able to visit him, because I work so much.  I feel a little guilty about this fact.  When my daughter was his age, I visited her Head Start class a couple of times a month.  Of course, the economy was a lot better back then.  (My Scrooge self just kicked in, if you couldn't tell.)  However, it's baked spaghetti today, so I'm there.

Tonight, I'm having dinner with my family.  Probably the leftover baked spaghetti from the Head Start class.  My wife frequently visits him at school, and she usually brings home whatever the kids don't finish.  It's free food, and all we have to do is zap it in the microwave.  Yes, I have my whole day planned around eating.

Got some spare mutton?
If you're wondering what I'm doing to keep Christmas alive today, I'm bringing a Christmas present to my writer friend this morning.  The Ghost of Christmas Present is still alive and kickin'.

Saint Marty's cup runneth over with food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment