Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13: Bad to Worse, Sick Kid Again, Long Night

Well, my day/afternoon/evening just went from bad to worse.

My daughter has a sore throat and ear ache.  Another sick kid.  The earliest appointment with the pediatrician we could secure was at 6 p.m.  My wife is going to a meeting of her women's group from church.  Therefore, I'm going to be dragging my three-year-old son along to the doctor's appointment with my daughter.  Then I will be dragging them both to the pharmacy to pick up whatever antibiotic she gets.  Then I will be dragging them home and putting them to bed.  I don't see this night ending 'til right around 8:30 p.m. or so.

The above schedule doesn't even take into account the reading and prep I have to do for teaching tomorrow, either.  That pushes my night back 'til 10:30 p.m. or so.  The meager supply of patience I had this morning has pretty much been used up.  At the moment, I want to hurt someone.  I'm going to need that 20-minute drive home just to prepare myself for the rest of the night.

Sometimes life doesn't just give you lemons.  Sometimes life gives you a big old pile of horse manure.  You can't do much with that pile except spread it around and hope something good starts growing.

Saint Marty needs to start fertilizing.

Anyone got a shovel?

No comments:

Post a Comment