Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2: The Week's End, Concert Tomorrow, Holy Crap

So, I'm done teaching for the week.  As I always say at the end of my last class on Thursdays, I fooled 'em again.  They still think I know what I'm talking about.

My wife and I are going to a concert tomorrow night on campus by a musical group called Yid Vicious.  I don't know anything about the group, but some friends invited us to go with them.  We haven't done anything with these friends for a while, so, of course, I said we would go.  As I was walking to my car on campus today, however, I saw a poster for the concert.  The price of admission is $20 per person.  My reaction:  Holy crap!!!

That's really expensive for a college concert, and I'm not sure we can afford it this week.  We're supposed to go out for drinks with our friends after the concert, as well.  More cash.  And then there's the babysitter.  Cha-ching again.  After seeing the poster, and the price of the tickets, a night at home watching Kitchen Nightmares is looking better and better.

I want to see our friends, but that's a really expensive evening.

Saint Marty's cheap side is winning this battle at the moment.

This is free...

No comments:

Post a Comment