Friday, February 24, 2012

February 24: Cleaning the House, Ready for Bed, Feeling Like a Failure

It's official.  I'm old.
It is quite late.  I've been pretty much moving and shaking all day long.  Between grocery shopping and chauffeuring my daughter to dance class and cleaning my house, I just sat down to relax.  It is almost 10:30 p.m.  I'm beat and ready for bed.

Tomorrow's going to be another busy day.  Lots going on.  My daughter has yet another dance class.  I'm going to breakfast with my family.  I have to play the pipe organ for mass in the afternoon.  In between all this stuff, I have to read for teaching.  I have to put together the mid-term exam for my mythology classes.  And I have to finish reading the book for my book club meeting next Thursday.  Aside from that, I can relax.

I'm not sure how I got into this habit of always having work to do.  Literally, I make a list of tasks every morning.  I hardly ever finish every task on my lists, and I usually feel like a failure at the end of a day.  It's a little bit sick.  Today, I have about three or four tasks I haven't completed.  I'll move them onto tomorrow morning's list and hope for the best.

Saint Marty is just about falling asleep at the keyboard.  He's  just going to sit here and drool for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment