Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27: Tired, Picking Up Oscar, Keeping Busy

A couple of the other winners last night
I was up until past midnight.  I got up at 4 a.m.  I've been working/teaching since 5 a.m.  I'm beginning to feel the effects of my Oscar party.  My eyes are burning a little, and I'm feeling kind of punchy.

When I get like this, my internal filter shuts down, and I say things out loud that I normally wouldn't say.  I taught this afternoon, and I think the only thing I said that was questionable was, "This is your review session for the mid-term.  If you don't want to ask questions, I don't give a shit."  Yeah, that comment won't win me any good evaluations at the end of the semester.  In my defense, I did win the contest at my family's Oscar party last night.  That should get me a few princess points.

I'm going to pick up my Oscar statuette tonight when I drive my daughter to religion class.  I'll post a picture of me with it tomorrow morning.  It's really a thing of beauty.  I will probably sleep with it tonight.  It's one of the few awards I actually win every once in a while.

I need to keep myself busy right now.  If I don't, I'll probably fall asleep.  I have been fairly diligent all day long.  I won't say I'm ahead of the game, but I am already typing up my second post for the day.  After I'm done, I'll probably move on to some reading for school.

An Oscar winner's work is never done, even if he is a saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment