Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1: Book Club, Another Unexpected Expense, Shoot Me Now

I'm sitting in my living room right now.  The Book Club meeting broke up a little over an hour ago.  Everyone had a great time.  The food was really good, as well.  An artichoke, chicken, and bacon pizza.  A foot-long meatball sub sandwich. And my ginger pears for dessert.  I think everyone liked my pears.  I made a whole pan of them, and there were only three left at the end  of the night.  I thought they were pretty tasty.

I found out this afternoon that I have to spend $175 to get my daughter's iPod touch fixed by Apple.  That's still cheaper than buying a brand new iPod to the tune of $300.  So I just have to back up her information on iTunes and then send the iPod  in for repair.  I' ve never done anything with iTunes previously, so this is going to be a really big challenge.

It's just another unexpected expense.  Just shoot me now before I start worrying.  I still have a mortgage  and car payment coming due tomorrow.  Shoot me.  Please.

Saint Marty says, "You can't squeeze  blood from a turnip."  He doesn't know exactly what the means, but it seems like an appropriate moral to conclude with.

Maybe you can get blood from a turnip...

No comments:

Post a Comment