Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14: Hungry, Guilty, Tired

The heat wave continues in the Upper Peninsula.  It's close to seventy degrees outside.  The sun is bright, and the corn is as high as an elephant's eye.  OK, maybe not the last part, but you get the idea.

I've been really hungry today, even though I've been eating well.  Continuing in the vein of yesterday's kale chips, I tried guacamole (take it or leave it) and sugar snap peas (leave it--bring me the Cheetos).  I also had left-over pizza for lunch.  Tonight, we're having spaghetti and meatballs.  My wife made it last night.  I don't know why I'm talking about my eating habits.  I'm sure nobody reading this post is interested, unless you're from some area of the world experiencing drought or famine.  In that case, what the hell are you doing reading this blog?

I'm also very guilty at the moment.  With my wife working, I'm supposed to pick my daughter up at her dance class at 4 p.m. on Wednesdays.  At 4:15 this afternoon, I got a phone call from her:  "Daddy, aren't you coming to pick me up?"  I felt like the worst father in the world, and my daughter is going to capitalize on this mistake for the rest of the night.  She's already gotten me to promise she could watch American Idol tonight.  I'm sure she's going to push it as far as she can.

I'm also a little tired.  Not as tired as I was yesterday.  I'm just mildly tired tonight.  I have some work to complete tonight.  Not tons.  Then I have to start grading mid-terms in earnest.

Saint Marty is still hungry, still tired, and still guilty.

I'm not as bad as this guy

No comments:

Post a Comment