Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26: Great Lunch Packed, Drumsticks, Crackers

I packed a great lunch for myself last night.  I had two chicken drumsticks that were leftovers from the Book Club gathering.  I also had a bag of goldfish crackers and some cheese ravioli.  My mouth was watering last night just thinking about eating it this afternoon.

I forgot to grab my lunch bag this morning when I left for work.  I ate cheese sticks and saltine crackers all day long.  I was thoroughly disappointed with myself when I realized what I'd done.  At the moment, just the thought of eating another cheese stick makes my stomach sour.

Run like hell!
Aside from that glitch, I had a good day.  I had a pretty difficult time getting my mythology students motivated this afternoon.  Of course, I returned their graded midterms at the beginning of the class.  A good portion of them still looked stricken at the end of the time we had together.  I really should have known better.  I've been teaching for over twenty years.  I learned a long time ago to wait until the end of the class to return graded papers and tests.  That way, I can run like hell if a student is really angry.  If I return graded material at the beginning of a class, the students simply sit there, glaring at me.  There were glares today.

Tonight, I have two things I'm planning to do.  I'm going to read some Grimm fairy tales, and I'm going to work on my memoir.  I'm hoping to have the next installment done tomorrow, but don't hold me to that.  It depends how tired I am.

Saint Marty's week is off to a fair to ordinary start.  He'll take that.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the lunch was yammi to you. Planning for to arrange such type of lunch in my home near future.

    ReplyDelete