Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19: Keep His Eye Upon His Clerk, Post 700, Baited Breath

The door of Scrooge's counting-house was open that he might keep his eye upon his clerk, who in a dismal little cell beyond, a sort of tank, was copying letters...

Yes, it's another passage from A Christmas Carol about being observed.  As I said last night, I know for certain the Health Care Spirits will be manifesting themselves when the clock strikes eight bells this morning.  Therefore, when I get to work, I must make sure that my dismal little cell is in order.  I'm hoping the Ghosts won't hang around too long.  After all, I'm a very small fish in a very big ocean.

The other fact I wish to point out this morning is that this post is number 700 for Saint Marty.  Let me tell you, when I started this blog two years ago, I never dreamed I'd still be going strong in the year 2010.  It seems like I should commemorate this occasion in some way.  I would run some kind of give-away contest, but I never get a big response from give-aways.  I'll leave it up to my disciples.  Tell me how you think I should celebrate this auspicious post.  Free artwork?  An autographed copy of my book of poems?  A copy of the book 50 Shades of Grey with my hand-drawn illustrations in the margins?  Let me know.

Saint Marty is waiting with baited breath in his dismal little cell to hear from you.  He's the one in the corner, copying letters.

Which way to the pasrty?

No comments:

Post a Comment