Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 10: Chair Massage, Energy, Loose

I got a chair massage at the Wellness Fair at work today.  I wasn't going to get anything done.  The person giving the foot massages was a former student of mine.  There wasn't any acupuncture, which I'd already talked myself into trying.  And then, just as I was making my way to the stairs to head back to the office, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Marty, how are you doing?"

I turned around.  The person giving the chair massages was my friend Louisa.  She's the wife of my friend Matt from the English Department.  (He teaches non-fiction writing and poetry and is sickeningly talented.)  Lou is from South Africa and has a great Afrikaans accent.  She is the loveliest person alive.

So I joined the line for a massage.  I knew that Lou was a massage therapist, but, oh my God, she's a freakin' massage miracle worker.  She went to work on my back for about ten minutes.  She pushed and pressured and rubbed.  The whole time, we were gabbing about English Department politics and her husband and classes.  When I got out of her chair, I felt absolutely loose and energized.  Still do.

My shoulders are relaxed.  My head has this nice buzz, like I'm thinking more clearly.  If I had a glass of wine right now, I'd pass out.  I just e-mailed Matt and told him his wife could put her hands on my body any time she wants.

Saint Marty is feeling fantastic.

Get in line!

6 comments:

  1. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. massage chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. massage cushions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for such an informative post for a long time. Thank you for this post.Thank you for sharing your expertise. This post is very helpfulroad construction companies in mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, very useful - Thank-Q! to sharing..
    Treadmill Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golden Touch Fitness is well known fitness club who provide huge variety of services in health and fitness like office chair massage and prenatal postnatal fitness. If you have any query, Please contact us today for more details!

    ReplyDelete