Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22: Interviewing, U. P. the Podcast, Dan

Well, I did the interview.  I thought I didn't have enough material to fill ten minutes.  It seems I have a lot more to say than I thought I did.  I think I talked with Dan (the guy who runs the podcast) for about 35 minutes.  We covered a wide range of topics--poetry, the U. P., writing in the U. P., the 2012 U. P. Book Tour, Donald Hall, lake sturgeon, dinosaurs.  I had a blast.  (I'm hoping I didn't bore Dan to death.  He's too nice of a guy to say so.)

The podcast of the interview will go up on the website in a couple of days.  Dan's going to edit it a little bit.  I'm hoping, after the edit, the interview doesn't consist of just "Hi, this is Dan talking with Marty" and "Thanks for listening."  I'm pretty sure I sounded intelligent and coherent.  You be the judge.  Google "U. P. the Podcast" in a couple of days.  Let me know what your think of the interview.  Dan has talked with some interesting people in the past, including the actor Jeff Daniels, who has strong ties to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

I'm feeling pretty good.  I didn't make a fool of myself, and I got to talk about my poetry.  It was like an oral blog post.

Saint Marty got to be a real poet today.

I'm in good company

No comments:

Post a Comment