Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6: Final Howell Day, More Dance, Shopping

On this day, our final in Howell, Michigan, my daughter danced one more time for the competition.  The group number in which she danced earned a silver star.  I also watched some of the other dancers and numbers.  All I can say is that there are a lot of studios around this part of the state with a lot of money.  These studios have tons of dancers and huge budgets.  They brought the props and scenery for their dances in friggin' semi trucks.  I kid you not.

We also did a lot more shopping today at the outlet mall.  We bought a lot of crap we really didn't need.  I actually went old school and bought a book on CD.  Candy Freak by Steve Almond.  It only cost six dollars.  It's a great book.  I read it a few years ago, and it still is one of my favorites.

We head home tomorrow morning.  I'm not looking forward to the drive, but it will be a lot less tense than the drive down.  Less frantic.  No schedule to follow.  Nobody to meet for lunch.  Just driving.  Tomorrow, I will be posting from home.  Six hundred or so miles from where I currently am.

Saint Marty has had a really great weekend.

Old school or new school, it's a great book

No comments:

Post a Comment