Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26: Being Forgetful, Lost Envelope, Losing My Mind

I hate losing things.

This morning, I had an envelope to mail.  My wife gave it to me last night and told me, "Make sure you mail it tomorrow.  This bill is due."

I have no idea what I did with that envelope.  I've checked through my books, my bag, and my car.  I called my wife and had her search the house for it.  Then I rechecked my books, my bag, and my car.  I have no idea where that envelope is.

I am a forgetful person.  I always have been.  Losing an envelope with a check inside isn't something new for me.  I lose something important at least once a week (keys, books, fanny packs, wallets).  I spend half a day looking for said lost item.  It almost always turns up.  However, the whole process of searching for the misplaced article screws with me.  When I'm in the middle of tearing my house apart looking for it, I feel like I'm losing my mind.  Literally.  I become unhinged until I find what I'm looking for.

That's were I am right now.  The top of my head has come off, and I'm slowly unravelling.  I'm coming apart.  I can't stand feeling like this.  I've totally lost control.  That stupid envelope is all I can think about.  If I don't find it soon, I may have to be medicated.

Now, I know the check can be stopped.  I know a new envelope can be addressed and stamped.  That doesn't solve my dilemma.

Saint Marty is going crazy.

I forogt what I was going to say about this cartoon...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future.
    leather men belt bag

    ReplyDelete